Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I washed my ktm 350 - 2012 model down after a ride - I blew

Customer Question

I washed my ktm 350 - 2012 model down after a ride - I blew off the excess water with a hand held blower. It will kick over when I use the kick start, but wont kick over when I use the electric start. It has been a few weeks since I washed it down, I thought water may have made its way into the electrics - obviously did. Have checked the fuses and they all appear to be OK. Your help would be appreciated
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially and if have not been tried; inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals as a preliminary consideration. Better yet, have the battery externally charged and then LOAD TESTed (even if new and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).
Still, proposed additional checks (if have not been done) with the use of a multi-meter on:
• 20A main fuse at the starter relay;
• emergency OFF switch and electric start button;
• always +12V on the black and white/red wires of the starter relay as well as good ground connections of the battery's - terminal and all the brown wire.
Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.