RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Service Manager, General Manager, Store Owner
10825618

I have a 2003 vulcan 1500 classic E. I removed tank to Rejet

Customer Question

I have a 2003 vulcan 1500 classic E. I removed tank to Rejet carburator and besides fuel line going to pit cock there was another line at bottom of tank is this a vent line? Or a vacuum line it came out with tank and I'm not sure where it goes.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

It is not a vacuum line. It is a vent line for the tank. You should also have another line coming off the tray underneath the fuel level mechanism as well.

Here is a diagram of the tank and lines:

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/riva_normal/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=kawasakimc&a=371&b=30&c=0&d=2003%20Vulcan%201500%20Classic%20FUEL%20TANK

As long as you dont have a California compliant bike, the vent just routes down past the engine and stops.

Thanks

RSRBOB

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a California compliant bike. And bike will barely run now that hose is off.
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to identify the hose in the parts diagram? CA. bikes route all vent lines to the charcoal cannister. That however should not affect running. Could you post a picture of the mystery line?

RSRBOB

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it matter that it's a California emission compliant bike?
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.

The routing of the vent lines are different, so yes. This sounds like a vacuum line however, so it is either coming from or going to the intake manifold.

RSRBOB