Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a2 miles and she shuts down

Customer Question

i have a*****2 miles and she shuts down
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2006 outlander 400 ho. I starts her up and drives about two miles and she cuts out. I'll wait 5 minutes and she starts again and she may go 100 yards and cut out again. When she cuts out she won't start right after. Sometimes I use the choke and she might start. She doesn't cut right out she starts slowing down and eventually cuts out. To me it's like she's starving for gas but I don't know.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This does sound like a lack of fuel causing this issue here.I have seen this before with debris in the fuel tank or a plugged fuel filter.I would have these checked to see if you can locate any of these as the cause here and then once located repaired from there to correct this issue.
Thanks Pete