Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

2004 polaris 500 HO turn key no Click - Relays are 12 V each

Customer Question

2004 polaris 500 HO turn key no Click - Relays are 12 V each side when key is turned - New Ign Switch, used CDI from Twin to this machine checked all wires and cleaned all connections including grounds, battery is at 12.5V, if i jump solonoid, it starts, if i jumo ign switch terminals it starts. No Idea ..
Carl
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, the description of "...jumo ign switch terminals it starts..." is critical as the possibilities are:
• new ignition switch has an issue;
• wiring and/or connector fault.
Please post back how many and what are the colors of the wires to the ignition switch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are 6 terminals 1st White/Red Stripe next 2 wires both red/white stripe next 2 wires red / black stripe next 2 wires r next 2 wires black next 2 wires brown. this machine will not start and all of a sudden u turn the key and it starts,
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information.
Please confirm the 6 terminals:
• 1st White/Red;
• red/white + another red/white;
• red / black + another red/black;
• black + another black;
• brown + another brown.
Disconnect the connector from the new ignition switch. With the use of a multimeter, which wires of the connector has +12 please?
Using the Ω function of the meter, which terminals of the new iognition switch has continuity when turned ON only? ...when turned to START?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been waiting since Sunday for a Call, please give me a refund, this is the worst trouble shooting site i have ever dealt with ..... Don't call now I will figure it out on my own ...Carl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Correct E-Mail Address is***@******.***, i must of hit another letter and did not know it, it won't let me change it - nice system ...