Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have Yamaha Xmax 125R scooter 2014 model, great machine

Customer Question

I have Yamaha Xmax 125R scooter 2014 model, great machine but since the hot weather came I have a job to start when it has been standing for a few hours. It turns over but no fire, when it finally fires the revs are very low and have to wait for them to rise. Shop tested indoors and cool and said the bike started first time. I have just had a problem where my coolant reserve disappeared and I had a HI Temp warning. I don't know if these are related but shop has dismissed a link.
Thanks Alan
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, proposed preliminary check would be on the engine oil; inspect quality and for presence of coolant contamination. Better yet replace the engine oil particularly if within 1000km (600miles) of operation.
Also inspect the sparkplug tip. Check for presence of rust.