Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a 2012 Kawasaki teams mule 4010. I bought it a month

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Kawasaki teams mule 4010. I bought it a month ago seemed like it ran fine took it to my deer lease and after 10 min of driving couldn't make it up a hill in the hill country. As I accelerate the engine bogs down and I can not go anywhere. I took it home drained the fuel out bought a new oem fuel pump with the sock filter and it is still having issues.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially and if not fuel quality, then either fuel delivery or electrical/ignition issue.
If have not been tried; inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals as a preliminary consideration. Better yet, have the battery externally charged and then LOAD TESTed (even if new and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).
Then with a fully charged battery, try again the same riding conditions but with the regulator temporarily disconnected.
Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the engine running I have 14 volts on my battery with engine off it was 13