Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

Are there lift kits 2015 UXV 450i available? Performance

Customer Question

Are there lift kits for the 2015 UXV 450i available? Performance chips? Skid plates?
Thanks! Rob. ***@******.***
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  yamsuzpolaris replied 1 year ago.

I work for a kymco dealer. The vehicles are excellent quality, but volume levels are not high enough to make it profitable for accessory companies to make stuff for these such as lift kits or performance products. My factory rep told me few daysago that there is a small company with a group of guys going to make a set of skid plates for these. anything in the way of a lift kit is something that you would have to have a local fabricator or machine shop or weld shop make something for you. mostly these are metal brackets that bolt in place of where the stock lower shock mounting is, and they are raised with another hole for the shock to bolt to that is an inch or 2 above the standard hole. but when doing this you must make certain all clearances are still available to that drive shafts don't hit the a-arms, brake rotors don't contact, tires don't rub when turned, and that tie rods don't bind. I would keep watching ebay for items as I was personally looking for a full cab enclosure kit for the 450i and I found a small company that makes one and they had it listed there. If you have a local dealer, ask them to contact their kymco rep to see what may be available. I told my rep this is an area of lacking for kymco to not offer these items when they introduce new models.

Mark