Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced and Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic - all sizes and brands welcome.
10027821

I have a gs 500 &I 't have a fuel hose route it runs

Customer Question

I have a gs 500 &I don't have a fuel hose route for it it runs but only if I dump gas in a little at a time is their a way to run it without the vacuum petcock that it's missing
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Wayne S. replied 1 year ago.

You don't need the vacuum petcock but you will need some kind of fuel valve on your tank. The original petcock has a "prime" position to allow fuel to flow freely without the vacuum operation. Just try to get some fittings or a valve on the tank if it does not have one.

I have heard the Yamaha vmax 700 petcock may fit itf you cannot find anything else. There are two lines on the tank that may have to be routed into one line to the carbs. You should be able to see that by looking at the tank bottom if that is the case with your bike.

Let me know if you need other information.

-----