Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced and Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic - all sizes and brands welcome.
10027821

I have a '89 Heritage soft tail. Turned the ignition on

Customer Question

I have a '89 Heritage soft tail. Turned the ignition on and had headlight and dash lights. But when I tried to start it there was nothing. No clicking or anything. I replaced the starter relay. Still nothing. Then replaced voltage regulator. Again nothing.
Before all that started happening, I'd have to recharge the battery periodically because it would drain. Where do I look next?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Wayne S. replied 1 year ago.

Your starter button activates the relay and gets it's power through the engine stop switch. That might be a place to start.

When you push the button there should be power on the relay

and it should click to connect the battery to the starter.

Also the battery has to be charged and the charging system should be checked once it is running.

Let me know what you find.

----