Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2005 CVO Screamin' Eagle V-Rod VRSCSE with a

Customer Question

I have a 2005 CVO Screamin' Eagle V-Rod VRSCSE with a sudden oil leak right where the Crankshaft Position Sensor enters the Stator Cover located next to the shifter.. I have pulled the Stator cover off and have thoroughly cleaned and dried the area. Now
that I have a better look, I do not see how to stop the oil from getting past this loosely sealed hole (see attached pictures). I have a replacement O-Ring, but there are grommets on either side of the entry hole into the Stator Housing Area. I do not want
to pull to hard and damage the sensor wires, so I am at a standstill. What is the proper method to putting a new O Ring on or can I just apply grey permatex to the underside of the grommet?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what I can see it looks like the leak is coming in on the sides of the wires themselves working its way through the grommet.What you can try here is to slide the wiring in a little further through the grommet and clean off the oil then use permatex on the wiring itself and pull the wiring back into the grommet.Slide the wiring out some,clean the wiring,add permatex and slide the wiring back into the grommet.
Thanks Pete