D. Smith
D. Smith, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  15 Years experience as an ATV/Motorcycle mechanic, and have repaired all makes and models of nearly every ATV on the market.
72840964

I need a wire Diagram 1999 Honda TRX 450 ES. The reverse

Customer Question

I need a wire Diagram for an 1999 Honda TRX 450 ES. The reverse light continuously stays on and the bike has no fire. I replaced the wire harness, right angle sensor, ES cluster, speed sensor and the reverse switch (at the handle bars). But still the same
problem. The ES is not working but you can shift the bike manually. No matter what gear you shift it to the reverse light stays on. On the New wire harness there is a blue and gray wire that I cannot figure out where it goes.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  D. Smith replied 1 year ago.

Here you go sir, Hope this helps you out!

Thanks!

***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any idea why the reverse light stays on?
Expert:  D. Smith replied 1 year ago.
Well, since you've replaced the wiring harness, there aren't but about 3 other things it could be...
The Gear Position Sensor
The Digital Display
The ECU
My best guess would be the Gear Position Sensor, but I've seen the digital displays get a solder joint bridged in them from a short in the wiring harness before also... The best way to troubleshoot the ECU is just to replace it with a known good unit.
Hope that helps!
***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you