Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced and Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic - all sizes and brands welcome.
10027821

I have a 2007 SYM RV 250. The brake light does not

Customer Question

I have a 2007 SYM RV 250. The brake light does not illuminate when the brakes are applied (the taillight works fine). The Honda dealer where I bought it seems inept in diagnosing the problem. Any ideas?
Thanks, Regi
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Wayne S. replied 1 year ago.

These bikes should have a red power wire going to the brake light switch and then a green wire going to the brake light itself.

Check the red wire for battery voltage and see if the green wire has battery voltage when you apply the brake. Might be a fuse, wire or bad brake switch or no ground to the brake light.

Check the wires on the light for good ground and also note that it may have a led light array which might be burnt out.

Let me know what you find. Hope you have a multimeter.

---