P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

2005 flh wont crank checked fuses relays used power probe to apply pow

Customer Question

2005 flh wont crank checked fuses relays used power probe to apply power to pump and starter good battery no crank
diag from speed at p states no rsp
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
If your battery and cables are good with good connections and you applied power directly to the green wire's terminal on the starter solenoid then you have a bad solenoid or starter. By applying power in this manner you are bypassing every problem that may exist on the bike and only testing the starter components. That wouldn't explain why the speedometer isn't talking to the ECM and returning a no response message. That is likely a separate issue. It can be caused by several things including bad speedometer, bad ECM, or bad wiring. It is really wide open and may need some in depth troubleshooting. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks, P.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
agreed also not getting power to right side controls and no turn signals is there two tip angle swithches one in tssm and another
didnt think of speedo as the issue but did run into that on a 2005 xl before
thanks troy
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. There is only one "tip" sensor. It is located inside the TSSM.Thanks, P.J.