Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

How can I get my Yamaha Vino started? The electric starter

Customer Question

How can I get my Yamaha Vino started? The electric starter doesn't work, and I'm trying the kickstarter and turning over but not starting?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am happy to help you diagnose and repair your Vino.I do however have a very important question I need the answer to first.1.) That question is how long has the scooter been sitting un-run?2.) Did the electric starter used to work, now it no longer works and you want to kickstart it?3.) Was it running fine the last time you rode it?4.) How long has it been since the scooter was ridden?Thanks,RSRBOB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RSROB,In answer to your questions, I just bought the scooter yesterday via Craig's list (so not a dealer)I knew the electric starter was not working but I was OK because the kickstart worked (I did this several times before buying). Also I test drove it for like 20 min. & ran fineIt was only when I got home yesterday with scooter that it would not start. I also bought a charger (1.5v) & charged all night (it stopped when complete) & then I tried again today today many times with no luck.Joel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to use kickstart & get it going again (& then eventually get the starter fixed) so look forward to your help!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please email me with your thoughts as I really would like to get it started today - thanks!
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to help you get your Vino running again, and starting with the kick starter, but I need the answers to my questions. The reality is, in most cases it is not the fact that the electric starter doesn't work that the kick starter won't start the bike, it is something else. That is why I need the additional information.ThanksRSRBOB