Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

Harley ultra: How are you? My Harley shifter is

Customer Question

Hi
How are you?
My Harley shifter is not functioning properly. I first noticed that I couldn't get my foot under the shifter. It seemed however to shift through most gears. When I got home I couldn't get into neutral then when I shifted by hand it just felt like it was slipping by many "clicks" I don't know what gear I left it in. I have not tried anything yet
Thanks
art
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
if it shifts, the transmission is good.- the most common problem finding neutral is a mis-adjusted clutch. you should perform a clutch ad a clutch cable adjustment. let me know if you need instructions.- if you can't get your foot under the shifter, you have an issue with the shift linkage. you need to look it over and determine where the problem is. if you need help fixing it hen you find it, let me know.let me know if you need more help.Steve