Eric, Technician
Experience:  MMI grad. 7 years experience in Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, as service manager and tech.
12914129

My 85 wing keeps fouling plugs, but only on the right side.

Customer Question

My 85 wing keeps fouling plugs, but only on the right side. They seem to be soaked with gas. After cleaning they fire fine. All my coils spark good. Could I have a fuel/ air mixture issue?
My 78 & 89 run great so I have put this off, any advise!
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Unfortunately on the carbs on this wing did not have an overflow. What tends to happen is when the float needles deciede to stick open from being dirty or having build up, the fuel flow into the carbs are unregulated. So when the fuel pump is running it is filling up the float bowl in the carbs, when it fills those up the fuel continues to flow into the cylinder. This is what is soaking your spark plugs. To remedy this you will need to identify which cylinders exatcly are affected, and have the carbs removed and those carbs float needles and their seats cleaned well.