Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Hey Jeff I got a 2005 polaris trailblazer 250. Just got a 265

Customer Question

Hey Jeff I got a 2005 polaris trailblazer 250. Just got a 265 big bore kit from Aaen Performance. So they bored out jug, new piston, bigger 35 tmx carb, primary spring and weights, and secondary spring. Everything I thought went smooth on rebuild. On break in we noticed a knock and it's only under load in gear at about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. I've had it at shop for a week know and they can't pinpoint it. Any Ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I apologize as my info is limited on your model here.
If the piston is loose with its connection to the rod it is attached to this can cause this knock noise here.With what has been done this may be the case as I have seen and had to correct before on some models.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wrist pin is fine...it was detonation have to use race fuel. Now I'm having carb issues, when I take airbox off It looks like I don't have fuel even with throttle open when I take carb apart everything looks good sometimes it will start afterwards sometimes not if I plug venturi with myself hand and pull it a couple times it usually clears out, am I having a jetting issue fuel is definitely getting to the bowl fine? Frustrated need help?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately my info is limited on your model here.I will open this up for others to see if anyone else can assist more with the fuel issue here.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially and on the "...carb issues...", proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):
• lean - raise the jet needle by lowering the e-ring needle clip 1 notch at a time;
• air leak - re-install airbox and add/thicken filter/element;
• jetting - change main jet.