Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced and Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic - all sizes and brands welcome.
10027821

Triumph Scrambler: ! My 2012 Triumph scrambler has 2000

Customer Question

Hi! My 2012 Triumph scrambler has 2000 miles and it's starting to stall in motion. What happens is that my "oil light" and "service engine light" go on and the engine stalls. I checked the sight glass with the engine off and the oil appears to be filled properly. Any suggestions? ?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thought i might add more info, The 2012 triumph scrambler motorcycle is a twin carburetor engine
Expert:  Wayne S. replied 1 year ago.
Don't run the engine until you make sure it has proper oil pressure.If the oil light comes on it might be either the oil pressure is lowor the light sensor is faulty but you do not want to take anychances as there have been reports of the oil pump gearsshearing. If you have a cycle shop near you have themcheck the oil pressure. If that is okay then other checkscan be done then. The oil in the site glass should almostimmediately disappear when the engine starts.This indicates the oil is likely pumping around okay.When the engine is at rest then the oil level will benormally showing in the site glass again.The pump gears used to be plastic but I am notsure if that was changed or not.The safe thing is check the oil pressure and your idlemay be a bit slow as well. Oil light will stay out betterif the idle is not so slow.------