P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

I have a*****King. After backing off the clutch lever

Customer Question

I have a*****King. After backing off the clutch lever adjusting nuts, my next step was to back off the clutch adjusting screw locknut. It seems to be frozen . . . Any ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
The 11/16" jam nut has to be loosened first. I can't imagine anything else that would cause it to stick. I suppose it could be cross threaded but I've never seen this happen. You can remove the snap ring and pull out the hole adjuster screw plate to work on it if need be. I hope this helps. Thanks, P.J.