Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I am currently doing a project, I have a 2007 fz1 I am

Customer Question

Hello I am currently doing a project, I have a 2007 fz1 I am raising the bars I have to change the clutch and throttle cables, was wondering if there are any cables on a different Yamaha that I could purchase that would be around 6 inches longer in length
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.Yamaha does not produce any kind of a parts interchange list that would provide information as to which cables are 6"inches longer than stock but will still work on another bike.That having been said, the quickest and easiest thing for you to do is to order custom length cables from motionpro.com. They will make the cables to fit your bike in any length you want, +6 or any increment you want. Personally I suggest not being quite so generic on the extended length so they either aren't too short or so long they are flopping around. I would mount the new handle bars then with the stock cables still in place, measure the actual gap between the end of the stock cable and where it goes. That way you can preserve the correct routing and movement of the cable without worrying if it is too long or too short.ThanksRSRBOB