Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I have a Suzuki VS800 that overheated and the fan that usually

Customer Question

I have a Suzuki VS800 that overheated and the fan that usually comes on, did not, resulting in radiator fluid spilling from the overflow hose. I refilled the radiator with the recommended mix and checked the fuses that power the cooling fan - they all were OK.
WHAT CAN CAUSE THE RADIATOR FAN NOT TO COME ON OTHER THAN THE FUSE?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the motor bike is a 2007 year model
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.IF you have battery voltage going to the electric fan motor, then the next most logical problem would be the thermosensor for the fan circuit. It is responsible for completing the electrical circuit to ground and allowing the fan to turn on. It screws into the radiator. When the coolant reaches a pre-determined temperature, it creates a ground circuit for the fan. I have included a parts diagram showing what you are looking for. It is reference #18.Thanks,RSRBOBhttp://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/riva_normal/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=suzukimc&a=437&b=16&c=0&d=2007%20VS800%20K7%20ELECTRICAL