D. Smith
D. Smith, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  15 Years experience as an ATV/Motorcycle mechanic, and have repaired all makes and models of nearly every ATV on the market.
72840964

1991 Kawasaki bayou 4x4 300c. when it was brought to me , you

Customer Question

1991 Kawasaki bayou 4x4 300c. when it was brought to me , you could crank it ,put it in gear,choke down.tries to pull as if one way clutch broke.took off right side cover ,rebuildt clutch pack,replaced broken srpag, inspected centrifugal clutch(its in very good sape ,springs good ).reassembled,fresh atv oil and filter. started up fine click into gear ,tries to pull off instantly. wtf really confusing
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all clutches,steeles,one way clutch,and gasket are all oem.orderd from babbits.online. runs and shifts great. the atv tries to go time its slippied into gear at very low idle.
Expert:  D. Smith replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the one way clutch was put in backwards, I've done this before... Very aggravating, but pull the side cover back off, flip the one way bearing around and you'll be good to go!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the one way has a lip on the obseverving side. I don't think its possible to install backwards on this model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after looking back at the diagram.my reassembly was incorrect,due to the fact that I reassembled it just like I took it apart.there is a shim washer that goes on crankshaft first.it is currentlt inside centrifugal clutch.thanks for your help .iwill be beck with some more toughys,once and awhile. going to rearrange my washer...
Expert:  D. Smith replied 1 year ago.
That's correct, I'll post a pic of the diagram, just to make sure we're on the same page. Some of these one way units have "outside" stamped on them, but it can still be confusing on whether or not that's looking at the bearing on the machine or inside the clutch housing.
But you're right, just flip it around and you'll be ready to go!
On the diagram it's item # *****