D. Smith
D. Smith, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  15 Years experience as an ATV/Motorcycle mechanic, and have repaired all makes and models of nearly every ATV on the market.
72840964

Getting coolant blowing back in the overflow an the engine

Customer Question

Getting coolant blowing back in the overflow an the engine is hot an radiator is cold.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  D. Smith replied 1 year ago.
Hello! I'll do my best to answer your question today. I believe your coolant system is air-locked. Basically it's got some air stuck somewhere in it that's not allowing it to circulate properly. All of the Mules are difficult to get the cooling system bled properly, but it can be done. I've attached a picture of where the air bleed screw is on this model. It's on one of the cooling hoses right beside the engine. What you'll need to do, is park the machine on a slight incline with the air bleed screw on the higher side of the incline. Open the air bleed screw with the engine cool. Open the coolant cap, and fill to the top with coolant. After most of the air has bled out of the system, it may be necessary to start the engine with the bleed screw still slightly cracked open and let it circulate some fluid around to get the remaining air out, while making sure to keep the fluid level topped off with the coolant cap off. After running for a while and the radiator is getting hot also, you should be good to go. Thanks!***** *****
Expert:  D. Smith replied 1 year ago.
Here's the picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a new water pump that should be Friday afternoon, when it comes in an I get installed I will try an see if the info you sent will work.
Expert:  D. Smith replied 1 year ago.
Ok, sounds good. Just let me know if I can be of any more assistance. Thanks!