Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

My 2007 Road King will start and run fine with less than 3/4

Customer Question

My 2007 Road King will start and run fine with less than 3/4 full tank but won't even start with a full tank. Hear hissing sound when priming fuel pump and see bubbles in tank. I have checked all the hoses and replaced the o ring in the regulator housing as well as installing new fuel pump, fuel filter and regulator to no avail... This is the opposite of the dies at half tank (holes in hoses) problem. I ran it about 10 miles with no problem with 1/2 a tank. Filled tank started ok and ran a couple more miles, parked it for about 45 minutes and it just would not start. Emptied half the gas and runs file.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
the hissing sound is a leak.you need to find the leak and correct it.instead of checking the hoses, I would replace them. let me know if you need more help.Steve
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you need more help.
if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.
thank you,
Steve