Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

T have a Honda CMX 250 It always started easily and ran great.

Customer Question

T have a Honda CMX 250 It always started easily and ran great. Today I drove my cycle to play tennis When I went to start it up nothing happened as everything was dead. Battery is good. Cables to battery are tight. Checked all fuses and they were OK Kill switch in proper place. What could have happened and how can I solve the problem
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.I want to make sure I understand exactly what happened or is happening to your bike now. To help me understand, I am going to re-word the question back to you so I can narrow down the possibilities and get you pointed in the correct direction the first time.You said when you went to start it up, nothing happened as everything was dead. Do you mean, turning the key on made no difference? No neutral light, head light or anything?Also, you said you checked the fuses. A great place to start for sure so good on you for thinking of that. I do have one additional question, again in the interest of helping solve the problem, where on the bike were the fuses you checked?ThanksRSRBOB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I turn on the switch no lights come on, it's as if there was no battery. However the battery tested good. The four fuses that I tested were behind a black cover with one screw to get to them. the fuses were to the left of the battery . When I turn on the switch it doesn't feel as if it were a problem yet nothing happens . I keep checking for loose wires near the fuse box but haven;t found anything tet.
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Are you checking the fuses on the back of the battery box?