Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I have 06 Harley softtail fuel injected all of a sudden when

Customer Question

I have 06 Harley softtail fuel injected all of a sudden when riding yesterday the bike went to running sluggish and poppin and snappin when you let of the gas when idleing it spits back thru carb and idles ruff, put new plugs but did not help. ???
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
Many things can cause your issue. A little more information may be helpful. First, is the check engine light on? Also, do you have a fuel injection tuner installed? And, have you made any recent modifications? Thanks, P.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No check engine, it has the commander box on it to change performance but I never used. no modification . Like I said has never gave any trouble until now also when idleing reaves up high then back down .
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
The first order of business is to unplug and remove the tuner. It will not harm the bike in any way to run it without it. They often cause connection issues due to having slightly different terminal sizes and adding two more connections to the system. Try this first and let me know what, if anything, changes. Thanks, P.J.