Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

My quadrunner seems to sputter and shut off after the engine

Customer Question

My quadrunner seems to sputter and shut off after the engine heats up
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am happy to help you diagnose and repair your quad runner. I would like some more details to help direct our course of action in the diagnosis and repair process.First, How long (hrs of usage, or days, weeks, etc) has it been having this problem?Was any service work or repairs done on it about the time the problems showed up?When it starts, how long in time does it run before it starts sputtering and quits? Are we talking 10 minutes, 20, 30, more?After it quits, does it start right back up or does it have to sit for awhile?Are you able to do a compression test on it and let me know what those results are?ThanksRSRBOB