Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

How can increase power in my 2013 R1 so I can wheelie without

Customer Question

How can increase power in my 2013 R1 so I can wheelie without clutch work or rolling on power at such a high speed... Ive been reading doing the sprockets 520 conversion or something?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.You can increase perceived throttle response/increased power at lower RPMS by dropping a tooth or two on the counter shaft sprocket. Often this is associated with a 520 chain conversion "acceleration" kit.Understand that although it will definitely be snappy at lower MPH, you will be trading off top speed and will also be turning more RPM at the same MPH that you were used to. That means it will take more engine RPM to run any given MPH compared to stock ratio sprockets.Also, since the speedo drive is off the transmission and not the wheels, your speedo is going to be off too. It will be reading a higher speed than what you are actually doing.If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.Thanks,RSRBOB