RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Service Manager, General Manager, Store Owner
10825618

2000royal star fuel leaking out of two lines running down by

Customer Question

2000royal star fuel leaking out of two lines running down by air filters
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need to know how to fix fuel leak on two lines running down by air filters.
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.I need to know if the bike has been sitting un-run for more than 30 days before this fuel leaking problem showed up. There are several different scenarios that can create those same symptoms so I need some more information to be able to point you in the right direction the first time.ThanksRSRBOB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob yes over a year
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
OK, that means the carbs are clogged up. They will need to be cleaned. To be fair, the carbs on this bike are very challenging to work on because of the V4 engine design, esp compared to an in line 4. In addition to the challenge of getting them off, apart, cleaned and put back together, you need to have the equipment to be able to sync them after cleaning. That requires 4 vacuum gauges to be able to read the vacuum being pulled by each cylinder. It does little good to clean the carbs perfectly then not sync them. If they are out of sync, the bike will never run correctly. It could have any one of a number of problems such as a rough idle, engine noises, poor throttle response off idle and reduced fuel economy. If you are prepared to see that through, I suggest pulling the carbs and cleaning them. A recent discovery is that Pine Sol does an incredible job of cleaning carbs, but they will need to be disassembled and soaked overnight to be thoroughly cleaned.Let me know what you think.Thanks,RSRBOB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like a great deal of work so I think you for that response
Jim
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Jim,
You are most welcome. I like to lay the reality of the situation out before you get too committed and feel like you bit off more than you can chew. I don't blame anyone who doesn't have experience on the Royal Star carbs to take a pass on them.
If you have any more questions now or in the future, feel free to ask.
If I have provided valuable information and insight for you, please click on the green accept button.
Thanks Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I didn't see your service as a rewarding experience, sorry but I'm canceling my membership as of 7-11-15 thank you for your help, jim b
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry. I didn't realize you were looking for a rewarding experience. I was trying to be honest and open with you about the complexity of the repairs your bike was going to require. I did not want you to get half way into the repair and realize you were in over your head. Armed with facts, I expected you to make a decision upfront whether it was something you wanted to tackle or not. Perhaps the reward in this experience is being able to make an informed decision about what you want to do next. At least you got experienced profession information to help you make that decision.