Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have 4 wheeler Yamaha Kodak yfm400wam when u start it under

Customer Question

I have 4 wheeler Yamaha Kodak yfm400wam when u start it under the seat a little box clicks and sometimes will not start I replaced it with a new one and it still clicks starts sometimes and sometimes not what is going on
Thanks karl
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially (and if have not been tried), the prescribed preliminary approach would be; inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals as a preliminary consideration. Better yet, have the battery externally charged and then load tested (even if new and just for purposes of eliminating it as a suspect). Additionally, re-check the starter relay. To locate the starter relay, start by following the big cable from the + terminal of the battery as it always ends up tied to 1 of the 2 big terminals of the starter relay. Carefully but quickly/momentarily jump the two (2) big terminals. This is a bypass of the starter relay to enable the starter motor to spin: • if no starter action, then starter motor issue; • if starter would clack loudly, then an internal issue; • if slow starter action, then battery/voltage/connection concern; • if would start as expected, then a likely possible starter relay and/or its wiring fault. Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.