Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

I have a 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit. I keep charging my battery

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit. I keep charging my battery back up to full, but my bike will not start using the ignition. I keep having to push start it. Then when I am traveling down the road, the bike will start to cut out on me and the speedometer will get wacky and odometer display blinks in and out. Do I need to get a new battery or a new alternator? If neither, what might be my issue.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** it does this after running, its not the battery, but the stator, the stator is what charges the battery, if the battery was bad, it would still stay running, one it is started, you need to replace the stator,Tim