Christopher
Christopher, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  20 yrs. experience as motorcycle, dirt bike, ATV, UTV and watercraft technician.
5111025

Got a 2006 Polaris 450 sportsman I put it in reverse it

Customer Question

Got a 2006 Polaris 450 sportsman I put it in reverse it goes but it's losing power took clutch cover off and the belt looks a little loose starts up fine but clicking in the clutch
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Christopher replied 1 year ago.
Can you better describe loosing power in reverse? Your atv is designed to limit power in reverse for safety reasons
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Almost like it is out of gas sptutting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the secondary clutch suppose to expand
If you had a clutch problem the issue would appear in both forward and reverse. The clutch spins the same way in both gears. Some people opt to eliminate this safety feature. Here is a link to the procedure. http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/polaris-sportsman/11896-new-reverse-override-reverse-light-mod-no-switches-working-scroll-feature.html
If you feel this is not your issue let me know and we can continue to work towards a solution