Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Louie! I was just out spin with my 2001 Ducati Monster

Customer Question

Hi Louie!
I was just out for a spin with my 2001 Ducati Monster 750, and for the forst time I hit some rain. After about 10 mns of riding in light rain it just died on me. Thought the gas indicator lamp might be out and filled some gas, no results. When I try to start the engine turns, but it just won't fire up. Any ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, Thank you for the question and your patience (regional time differences). Should you still need assistance for information purposes only... Initially and if have not been done:• attempt to start again;• then remove the sparkplugs;- check the burn color of the ceramic;- see if it is wet with fuel;- carefully perform a spark test. Still, proposed other checks (again if have not been tried):• spray compressed air on all the wiring and connectors;• do the same to the ignition coils and sparkplug wire/boot/cap;• likewise with the power modules;• and the pickup coils and its wires. Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.