Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I need to replace the gas lines on 2005 Yamaha Royal Star Tour

Customer Question

I need to replace the gas lines on 2005 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe,where do I start??
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.The first place to start is to order the stock Yamaha fuel lines for your carburetors. Typically on Japanese motorcycles they use metric sized hoses and you cannot find the correct size standard hose. It just isn't a direct replacement. Either you are going to have to stretch a hose over the fittings that is too small of an inside diameter, or the ID is going to be loose on the fittings and potentially cause a leak. Once you have the stock hoses, and I suggest leaving them in the parts bags until the moment you are ready to install, compare the part number on the bag to a parts diagram and install them one at a time as you see them in the pictures.Here is a diagram of the fuel pet cock, filter and electric fuel pump:http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/riva_normal/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=yamahamc&a=498&b=12&c=0&d=2005%20ROYAL%20STAR%20TOUR%20DELUXE%20CARBURETORAnd here is a diagram of the carb assembly:http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/riva_normal/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=yamahamc&a=498&b=12&c=0&d=2005%20ROYAL%20STAR%20TOUR%20DELUXE%20CARBURETORIf you need more assistance, feel free to ask.ThanksRSRBOB