kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experience in Harley Davidson and Triumph
68360881

My vrod engine indicator light appears n I feel some time not

Customer Question

My vrod engine indicator light appears n I feel some time not getting smooth engine running. Also gets off during ride
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'll post the procedure below for retrieving the diagnostic codes. Let me know what they are and I can help you further.
The IM (instrument module) is capable of displaying DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes).
1- Ignition off
2- push odometer reset button in & hold. Make sure run switch is on.
3- turn ignition to run and release button (you will see P, S &C displayed)
4- each letter represents an area of diagnostics... the one that is flashing is the one you are going to check. To move from one letter to the next, you push the button one time. (from P to S to C and back to P, etc.)
5- to get DTC within an area, you push and hold the button in for 5 seconds and if there are any, it will be displayed... you can release the button. As you push the button again, other codes will appear if they are there. If there are not any the word 'none' appears.
6- Record the codes.
7- To determine if a code is current or historic, you clear the codes while being displayed by pushing in and holding the button until 'clear' comes up. Turn off the ignition... then crank or restart the bike... turn off, and then repeat the code process. If a code is there now, its current... if not, it was historic.