Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

I noticed that when I open the oil filler cap on my Buell Blast

Customer Question

I noticed that when I open the oil filler cap on my Buell Blast the oil comes. Quite a bit of it? What could cause this?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
typically, that means the oil tank is over filled.the oil tank should only be topped off or the oil changed when the oil is at operating temperature, like right after a ride. operate the engine until the oil is hot, then establish an oil tank level a few inches below the top of the oil tank, so that there is an air gap at the top of the tank.after the oil level is set, it should remain there except for normal oil usage. let me know if you need more help.Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Oil is stored in my frame and there is not dip stick. I guess the garage overfilled my oil when they change it last year. How do I find out my oil level on a Buell blast??
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
your Blast has a dipstick.check the HOT oil level.low is better then high.Steve