Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Fuel delivery issue. Bogs down and stalls between 70-80 mph.

Customer Question

Fuel delivery issue. Bogs down and stalls between 70-80 mph. 2002 Honda VLX 600. Checked petcock fuel filter. Cleaned jets and checked needle and seat. Added seafoam to see what happens. Same results.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially and while it would appear to be a fuel delivery issue, have you checked as below listed (even if just to eliminate them as potential suspect(s):• burn color of the ceramic at the tip end of the sparkplug;• integrity of the original air box + filter/element and ensure no air leak;• with a volt/multi-meter, determine the battery voltage when:- ignition OFF and then when ON;- starting the engine;- engine at idle;- attempting to rev the engine. Please post back results / observations of the above once checked.