Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

Guys, I have a 2012 Hyosung GT650 EFI, the bike is running

Customer Question

Hi Guys,
I have a 2012 Hyosung GT650 EFI, the bike is running rich, i have checked and replaced all air sensors and switches that are connected to the fuel injection system, the bike will start and idle perfectly but when applying the throttle it will break down as it is getting to much fuel, it has all new injectors fuel pump, if i squeeze the fuel line it will allow me to rev the bike a bit harder and go higher in the rpm's but if i dont squezze it, it wont go any higher then 3000 rpm, before breaking down if you crack the throttle to much she will backfire and splutter the return back to idle ive done everything to this bike and seen mechanics about it and im at a loss if anyone can help that would be much appreciated...
Thankyou
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially and while it would appear to be a fuel delivery issue, have you checked as below listed:• burn color of the ceramic at the tip end of the sparkplug;• integrity of the air box + filet/element and ensure no air leak;• with a volt/multi-meter, determine the battery voltage when:- ignition OFF and then when ON;- when starting the engine;- engine at idle;- when attempting to rev the engine. Please post back results / observations of the above once checked.