P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

I have a 2014 heritage w/fac alarm,i have owned it new for

Customer Question

i have a 2014 heritage w/fac alarm,i have owned it new for apr. 8 months. i drove to my friends house last nite,turned it off. i then went to leave but the bike wouldn't turn over. the dealer never gave me a security code. i disconnected the battery and reattached. the emergency lights went off but the bike won't turn over. the battery is strong.please call me @(###) ###-####thanks ron
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be working with you today.
Do the lights come on bright as they normally would?
Is the red key symbol illuminated on the speedometer face?
If your answer is yes to both of these then your security system is not disarming. The most common cause is a weak or dead security fob battery. Another cause is interference from another bike's fob or some other source.
If the fob battery measures 3.0 volts DC and correctly installed (positive side down and clipped into the recess) then try rolling the bike to another spot and, with the fob present, see if the key symbol goes out and the bike will start.
I hope this helps. Thanks, P.J.