Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

1994 Sportster. Acting like I have no clutch. Was on a

Customer Question

1994 Sportster 1200. Clutch or drive belt issue?? I Was on a ride and had no issues at all...... Suddenly I had , what acted like a severly slipping clutch. then very soon after no clutch. It goes in and out of gear but zero action from the rear tire. When motor is off , in neutral.... I can hear it sounds normal when in neutral . But, In gear I can push it easily but I hear a light clunking sound. I Opened up the derby and readjusted the clutch...... same issues. I opened up the primary and everything looks and feels normal...... clean oil, no metal shavings....everything in tact and seemingly functioning normal. (throwout bearing was replaced last year).......Is it possibly something to do with the front belt drive sprocket/pully??  Again, its acting as if I have no drive belt on the bike OR o completely worn clutch....but both seem fine at upon inspection

Category: Motorcycle