Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

4010 mule, fuel injection, 2011, no power, all services done,

Customer Question

4010 mule, fuel injection, 2011, no power, all services done, dealer has looked at it but apparently fuel injection blows his skirt up, small town dealer, will run, start ok but just does not have the power it had when new, only 225 hrs,, when loaded some times power comes alive then drops back off, got ant ideas? you can take throttle body lever and twist to full fuell and it just wont rap up the rpm's. dealer cleafuel injectors, fresh fuel, etc. fuel pressure?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** anyone inspected the valves clearance and also the drive belt and converters ?
Thanks
Kenny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just came from dealer with fil service, engine won't throttle up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are clueless
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
OK, what I will need from you is what will help me start is, what was checked that you know of, these have a tendency to loose a push rod on the intake valves and then basically it runs on one cylinder.
Do you know of the valve covers have ever been removed ?
And what about the drive belt, do you know of that was ever inspected ?
Thanks
Kenny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure but I will check, have owners manual but assumed they checked on full service at dealer, assumption is the mother of all screw ups!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will climb a hill, we recently had a big load on it and all of the sudden it was like you gave it a shot of nitrous, parked it and went back to running with low power, also it had diesel put in it about the time all this started? Changed plugs ran fuel conditioner and chemtool carb cleaner thru it, no change, you can physically grab the throttle body lever with it running in neutral and it only goes to about half engine speed
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
You need to remove the fuel tank and get every drop of diesel fuel out of it, then I need youi to get me a compression reading on both cylinders !
Thanks
Kenny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kenny, diesel was introduced two years ago, was completely drained and has had maybe 100 plus gallons ran thru it since, dealer inspected and adjusted valves, belt was good as was converter, im no expert but I have been a heavy equipment mechanic with my own business for 30 plus years, compression great, starts and idles perfect, just has no power, I think there is a fuel injection issue, tps switch, fuel pressure, its like it does not sense the load, I respect youre questions, the owner just wants to trade it in but it only has 250 hrs, unit has had scheduled maintainence at intervals recommended. it has to be the fuel delivery system.