Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Power steering light is staying on in a mule 4010. It is a

Customer Question

Power steering light is staying on in a mule 4010. It is a 2012 model. Dealer told me to replace the steering ecu. $900 later and I still have the same problem. Light is on and no power steering.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried) with the use of a volt/multi-meter on: • 40A fuse for the steering motor;• wiring and connectors + pins to steering motor, torque sensor and speed sensor;• steering motor, torque sensor and speed sensor.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked everything you suggested and I replaced the 40A fuse with a new one. Light is still on and no power steering. I really need to get this thing back in service on a pipeline job. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can be texted or called on mobile #(###) ###-####
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Is the EPS light steady or blinking?Were you able to check/test the steering motor if power is directly applied to it? ...does it turn smoothly?These are all the easy user doable checks. All others would require the use of the EPS Self-diagnosis System Connector.Would a copy of the EPS test procedures / Service Manual serve your need? There may be a delays on my next reply as I am mobile and Internet is spotty.