Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Jeff pls I have a 2004 Honda cBR1000rr and it idles well

Customer Question

Hi Jeff pls I have a 2004 Honda cBR1000rr and it idles well but runs rough i.e. when you twist the throttle on any gear it jerks and does not run smooth at all. Fuel pump and plugs have been checked and are okay. Any ideas please
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. With the indulgence of Jeff and should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried) with the use of a multi-meter on:• ignition OFF and then when ON;• when starting the engine;• engine at idle;• when attempting to rev the engine. Additionally, check the airbox and filter/element. Ensure all are correctly installed/seated with no possibility of an air leak. Air entry should only be through the designated slot/entry point.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.