Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Have a 4010 mule diesel, lacking power,blue smoke,in the process

Customer Question

Have a 4010 mule diesel, lacking power,blue smoke,in the process of changing head gasket. wear marks on cylinder wall of #1 it about an 1/8 of an inch lower than on #2,#3. Wondering about broken ring
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If the wear marks on #1 are different then the others this usually does indicate a possible broken ring causing this issue here.The piston and rings need inspected and replaced as needed.If the damage is severe the engine may need replaced.
Thanks Pete