Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., Mechanic
Experience:  15+ Yrs Factory certified technician and business owner.
8380480

I have a 92 suzuki intruder 800 bike has always ran fine

Customer Question

Hi i have a 92 suzuki intruder 800 bike has always ran fine until last weakend. We were in hevy rain storm and blasted with water when passing a truck after that motor sarted cutting out and lost power ban.almost seams like only 1 cylinder is working.And it dose this in all gears now but it will idle fine with both cylinders fireing.When you put in gear and take off it will cut out.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is***** you for letting me try and assist you with your problem.
These problems are always the most difficult because it can either be water that got inside a wire harness connector, or in the intake and fouled the plug, or something got shorted out.
These motors will run on 1 cylinder so I'd like to know if you start it from cold and let it idle for a couple minutes if both exhaust pipes are the same temperature.
This would tell us if they both are in-fact firing.
If they are and it's cutting out then you need to start checking connections and replace the spark plugs.
You may find it or it just may fix itself after a week of drying out.