Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

How do i change the fuel line at the on off switch without

Customer Question

how do i change the fuel line at the on off switch without loosing fuel?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
the petcock (on off switch??) is a valve that is used to shut off the fuel, pr select main or reserve.your petcock is also vacuum operated. so....to change the fuel line, turn the petcock to OFF.also......the fuel will not flow unless the engine is running, no matter what position the petcock is in. turn the petcock off.remove the fuel line and replace it. ** ENSURE YOU REPLACE THE CORRUGATED SLEEVE it prevents overheating he portion of fuel line between the cylinders. there will be some residual fuel in the line.it won't be much. I usually collect it in a shop rag. let me know if you need more help.if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.than you,Steve
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
the petcock (on off switch??) is a valve that is used to shut off the fuel, or select main or reserve.your petcock is also vacuum operated. so....to change the fuel line, turn the petcock to OFF.also......the fuel will not flow unless the engine is running, no matter what position the petcock is in. turn the petcock off.remove the fuel line and replace it. ** ENSURE YOU REPLACE THE CORRUGATED SLEEVE it prevents overheating he portion of fuel line between the cylinders. there will be some residual fuel in the line.it won't be much. I usually collect it in a shop rag. let me know if you need more help.if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.than you,Steve