RSRBOB
RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Service Manager, General Manager, Store Owner
10825618

2005 Suzuki gs500f engine that I put on a golf cart. Now I

Customer Question

2005 Suzuki gs500f engine that I put on a golf cart. Now I am having problems with the motor or carbs. Everything was working great for a year, then suddenly I had to have the chock on to get it to move. I put a jet kit on the carbs and cleaned everything out about 9 times now. I finally got the motor to sound like it was suppose to and even sounded better than before. But, when I try to go anywhere in it, it dogs down and I have to use the chock to get it to go at all. I have taken the carbs apart so many times and with no luck, I went and purchased a 1983 Yamaha 750 and thought I would swap engines if I couldn't get the Suzuki to run right. I can't get a Suzuki Mechanic to look at it because its not on the bike so I keep trying. I really don't want to start over so I thought I would ask you. Its got to be something more that the carbs. Any suggestions?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question.
My first question to you is has it ever run correctly?
My 2nd question is, do you have the stock air box behind the carbs?
Thanks
RSRBOB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what happened?
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
I answered this question in your 2nd inquiry. Please check there for more information.
RSRBOB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 1 year ago.
I will be available on Monday evening after 7:30 PM EST. Does that work for you?
RSRBOB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really have to quit clicking on things here. I am new and its taking me a little time to get this figured out. I finally found where your answers are going so I can read them. I can't afford any other services from you right so hopefully we can get this figured out together. The last questions you asked so here are the answers. The engine is from a 2005 Suzuki gs500f and the carbs have vacuum sliders in them and I checked and no leaks in the vacuum lines. I did change spark plugs so they are new. The compression on both cylinders is between 60 & 62. I did put a Jet Kit on the carbs and the engine sounded better and they needed some fine tuning, and the engine sounded stronger until I put in gear and the same thing, needed the chock to go anywhere and it dogged down. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you but got sick, but feeling better now. Where do I go from here?