peterpete190
peterpete190,
14928985

I have a FLXHSE2, street glide CVO 2011. I just got back

Customer Question

Hi I have a FLXHSE2, street glide CVO 2011. I just got back from a touring in Germany and from other motorcyclist I was informed that my brake light is staying on solid. Also, half way during the touring, I experienced that the cruise control didn't work. It started with its pilot lamp staying red/amber instead of green when I press the button. At first sometimes, the cruise control is engaging but the light stays red/amber. Some other time, even when the cruise control switch is off, I can still turning on the cruise control, before it becomes not working at all.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the brake lamp control switch itself.If this switch fails it will keep the brake light on like this here as well as deactivate the cruise control like this.This will need to be tested further to see if for sure this is the cause and to check for any shorted or damaged wiring then repaired from there.
Thanks Pete.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete