Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2008 Polaris ranger 700 efi it will not shift into

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Polaris ranger 700 efi it will not shift into park I took off the linkage it will shift into all gears but park
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds to be an internal mechanical fault in the gear box/transmission itself.On some models they use a park pawl to engage and lock in park and this may be binding or damaged in the gear box itself.Since you are unable to shift it manually even with the linkage removed most likely the gear box will need removed and taken apart for inspection and repair to correct this here.
Thanks Pete