Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I bought a 2015 rzr xp1000 Thursday. I was riding it

Customer Question

Hello. I bought a 2015 rzr xp1000 Thursday. I was riding it on dirt roads doing a little break in. As I was varying my throttle I noticed the bike bogging at about 3/4 throttle. Then noticed exhaust way to hot. Lean condition. I continued to ride rest of the weekend not making too big of demands on it hoping computer would "tune" itself. After 10 he's of riding easy I tried WOT it fell on its face and head pipe and muffler are both gray. Lean too hot! I know my dealership is just going to give me the run around. Any thought? Thanks Earl
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, remove / check the sparkplug particularly the burn color of the ceramic tip. If light brown to almost whitish, then yes; the lean mix is confirmed.

A possibility for the bogging down is an air leak which also would be the major contributing factor for the lean mix. Check the air cleaner box, filter/element and the coupling to the throttle body. Air should only have entry through the designated opening slot of the air box and no other.